5 Ways to Effectively Declutter Your HomeJun 22, 2020
We are always looking for ways to cleanse, declutter, and eliminate the junk from our daily lives. Our homes are one of the first places where emotional clutter comes to life! Nothing is more rewarding than a clean and clutter-free home. After all, a clean and happy home is a decluttered and joyful soul, right? Here's some tips to get you started!
1. Focus on one room a day. For example, declutter the living room on Monday, the kitchen and dining room on Tuesday, the master bedroom on Wednesday, and bathrooms on Thursday. This will eliminate the opportunity to clean sporadically and will ensure you’re focused and detailed on specific rooms throughout the week.
2. Have three bins available to sort items you go through during the week. The first bin will be for things you want to keep but need to find a place for, the second, things you would like to donate, and lastly, things you want to throw away. This system helps keep extra items from being shoved into drawers and gives everything a place!
3. Set a time limit each day for decluttering. This will keep you focused and feeling accomplished once your time is up and the room is clean!
4. When decluttering, hold the item you are looking to put away or get rid of and ask yourself the question, “Does this bring me joy”. If the answer is no, place it in the trash bin or donate bin. If the answer is yes, add it to your bin of items you need to find a place for.
5. Collect papers whether they are bills, reminders, receipts or cards and shred the documents with private information. Be sure to recycle your paper goods and don't forget about all of those old receipts hanging out in your purse! Only keep documents and paperwork that are important and organize them in a file folder.
Decluttering your home will bring peace to your life! Follow these 5 steps and you’re on your way to a clean, stress-free and decluttered living space!
The 7 Steps to Skyrocket Your Performance and Productivity, Without Sacrificing Your Health
The importance of self-care and personal wellness cannot be overstated. For those who are goal-oriented and driven to succeed, it’s important to remember that you can’t be productive without taking care of your health. Download this exclusive guide to boost your productivity.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.