Probiotic Foods and Gut HealthMay 27, 2019
You can get the many benefits of fermentation from your diet by eating delicious foods such as yogurt, cultured vegetables, kefir, and miso. As you eat delicious fermented foods, you are introducing friendly bacteria, commonly called probiotics into the digestive system of your body. What they do in foods, they do in your gut – they easily repel the pathogenic bacteria, as well as help break down nutrients for your body to absorb all of them easily.
Back to the original question, what Probiotic foods really are and are these foods beneficial? The conclusion will always be clear. Probiotic foods can prove to be very beneficial to your body. These foods are natural and traditional, providing you with the enzymes that your body needs to function properly. Here, you will learn and know the probiotics foods that are great for your gut.
- Kombucha: This is made by simply fermenting sweetened tea with yeast and blend of bacteria. After the fermentation process, the result is a carbonated drink that has probiotics, enzymes, acids and vitamins. This probiotic food can lessen joint pain, improve immune support and digestion, as well as increase energy. This is also a perfect alternative to juice drinks and soda.
- Kimchi: It is considered a staple food in Korea. It is pickled cabbage with a small amount of spice. Just like the fermentation of Kombucha, the health properties of kimchi are almost the same.
- Miso: It is a Japanese seasoning that is made from fermented barley, rice or soybeans. This probiotic food is considered the main ingredient in cooking miso soup. The best thing about this probiotic food is that it offers many health benefits. It can regulate your digestive system and at the same time lower the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Yogurt: This is considered the most popular probiotic food. It is a fermented dairy product with lactic acid and milk. This creamy and smooth treat is loaded with beneficial bacteria. It is highly recommended for those people who are suffering from yeast infection and for those who are taking antibiotics. This is best avoided by those with dairy sensitivities.
- Kefir: It is a fermented dairy product that is also known as heavy hitter. It is a drinkable yogurt with tart flavor. It is fully packed of essential nutrients such as magnesium, folate, calcium, vitamin B12 and probiotics. Again, this is best avoided by those with dairy sensitivities.
- Tempeh: It is made from soybeans which has a cake-like evenness when it is bound together with a fungus. It is a well-known meat substitute for vegans. It is packed with minerals, vitamins, and proteins.
- Sourdough Bread: It is made from a starter that contains lactobacillus and yeast. Since the ingredients are carefully fermented, the level of healthy bacteria increases and your digestive tract enjoys the benefits.
Though some people are doubtful whether probiotics foods are good for their health, there are still many people who are choosing probiotic foods as healthy food alternatives.
Are You Ready to Restore Your Gut Health?
By nourishing your body with clean and natural foods that provide your gut with healthy doses of bacteria, you can rebuild your health and live a vivacious, vibrant life of incredible health! Register for the Improve Your Digestion Guide and start restoring your gut health today.
The 7 Steps to Skyrocket Your Performance and Productivity, Without Sacrificing Your Health
The importance of self-care and personal wellness cannot be overstated. For those who are goal-oriented and driven to succeed, it’s important to remember that you can’t be productive without taking care of your health. Download this exclusive guide to boost your productivity.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.